Thursday, July 28, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, well, well, I'm once again going to be working for the DC Public Schools, as a contracted employee. I'll be representing the school system in IEP meetings for special education students who have received private placement. I can't tell if I'm excited about this new job yet or not. On one hand, it's working for DCPS again. On the other, it's not teaching for them. We'll see...I start Monday.

This means that my summer is cut short, which makes me kind of sad. I think about the benefits of teaching and really this is the only one that comes to mind. Everything else that goes along with it is a hassle and a heartache. But I think I might miss it or at least miss the kids and my interactions with them every day.

The grass is truly always greener on the other side. If I had to go back to teaching at the end of this summer, I'd be in hysterics and a nervous wreck and here I am reminiscing about it. Good God!

So, that's my update. I'm sure I will have some amazing stories to tell again working for DCPS. Or maybe it won't be so crazy and chaotic as it was when I was in the classroom. We'll see, only time will tell, my dear readers. Thanks for all of your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment